Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recipe of the Week

Currently I am in the progress of typing up all of my moms' reciepes that I have. I am going to try to make a cookbook out of them but for now I will post one of them or others that I have from recipe books once a week. So this week is one of my favorites: chocolate chip cookies. I love making these not only because they were a favorite of everyone in the family but because I have been told that I am just like my mom when I make them and how they taste.

1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. milk
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 cup semi sweet choc. chips
3/4 cup butter flavored crisco
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups of flour
3//4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup pecan pieces (optional)

Heat oven to 375. Combine brown sugar, Crisco, milk, and vanilla. Beat and then add egg to mixture. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Place on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 min for chewy cookies or 11-13 for crispy cookies. Cool on baking sheet then place on rack.

2 comments:

  1. Im going to make these!:) Ash, do you even like pecans?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but most of the times I use walnuts instead

    ReplyDelete